Stelife Map Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2019, 09:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
20.08.2013: Fix download tiles at method DownloadTiles
19 Posts in 11 Topics by 35 Members
Latest Member: cryptosignal10
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Stelife Map Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need some basic information
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some basic information  (Read 2508 times)
NewUser

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »

Hello,

Greetings.

First of all please let me inform you that, I am new to this forum, and to be honest, I am not so good in programming. So, I may make mistake in my question or writing. I seek your kind consideration and forgiveness in advance.

I use Delphi 7 personal (free version) and Lazarus to make small application. I love pascal, delphi, lazarus etc. and anything, or people related with these. I have seen these people/community are much more helpful and kind hearted, than other programming language communities (except perl community). I know that at present it is declining, and other programming languages are rising. But I shall be with it - pascal etc. as long as I can (I have no control on hardware and OS makers or those big people).

Anyway, my problem or question related to "OSM Delphi Component" is, I want to make an application that will receive GPS data on an interval of say 3/5 seconds. I shall arrange the GPS module to send data to the application through serial port or usb. And I shall extract the Latitude and Longitude from the GPS data. Up to this no problem.

Then I want to show the position which I got from the GPS (Lat, Lon) as a marker or any tiny image, on the map - having name of the place as general maps do have. The tiny marker would change place with new GPS data, I can use a TTimer1 here. Now I want to use offline map, which I don't know where to get.

Another thing is needed, I would click on some certain area of the map, and write a little note for that position. The note would pop up as balloon notification or other, when the tiny marker (that which changes position with new GPS data) enters into a prefixed radius of that selected place. Or, it may also pop up on mouse-hover event.

Can I achieve this with the component by using Delphi 7 personal or Lazarus? Will I need any other component to display the map, or other? And finally, is there any discount offer Smiley !!!!???

That's all for now. Thank you and best regards.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: